Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My life as a tree trimmer

It all started about last April. I got laid off and needed to have some sort of income. So my wife's uncle cut trees on the weekend. I told him that I could help him and he said that he would give me a try. It was a little more than what I bargained for. When I said that I would help I thought I would be on the ground helping haul brush. Much to my surprise I got to go in the bucket in the air cutting limbs off of the trees. I have never really been scared of heights but being in that bucket 48 feet in the air kind of freaked me out. At that height the bucket does not stay still. Every time that I would move the bucket would sway at least 18 to 20 inches. It is pretty hard work. Some of the limbs are very heavy. I use a one handed saw so I have to catch the limbs with one hand and cut with the other. I am getting stronger but also it wears me out. There is not to much excitement with the job but the days go quick because I am working so hard. I wish there were better ways to make money but the job pays pretty well. That is about there is about tree trimming. It is hard work but worth it. One thing that I do like about the job is that my wife works with me. It does make the trips there and back kind of fun because it gives us time to talk since the drive is about one hour one way. She is the one that hauls the brush. I don't cut the brush very long so it is easy to load on the trailer. Now that I have bored you to death I guess I am through.

No comments:

Post a Comment